Monday, January 31, 2011

Life is BUSY!

Wow, time sure flies by! I was so good at writing a blog every couple of weeks and now it has been two months. I have to admit that it has been really busy for me the last couple of months but I'm not complaining.
Are you wondering what I have been doing that has kept me so busy? Well, I've been busy living life. Life is sometimes way too busy to really enjoy, but I do try to enjoy it.
It was great to have so many house guests during December and the first two weeks of January. We had Bridget and Travis visiting for a little more than three weeks. They were able to spend time with us over Christmas and New Year. They were here for Camden's 2nd birthday and also for Tyce's blessing. We squeezed in a lot of family events while they were here. I know that they missed being at home in Arizona but we enjoyed the time they were here in Idaho.
Just before New Year's, Nana and Papa came to spend three weeks with us. We have a very full house for about 5 days while everyone was here. Nana and Papa had been traveling in California and Arizona with Steve and Mary Lou. They caught a plane in Nevada and flew here for some time with us. They had been gone from their house for about 5 weeks by the time they went home. Nana and I worked on crocheting hats for the Humanitarian projects and I was also able to do 3 quilts. Nana helped me put them on the frames and then Papa and Brooke helped us to tie them. I was able to spend the evenings getting them pinned and binding them. It was so good to have lots of projects completed during my break from school.
The minute I went back to work, I started focusing on getting some things done for my classroom next year. I know how much work it will be to do everything next year so I'm trying to do a few things now. I am not always motivated to do things now but when I do I feel so much better. I am getting excited about the plans for next year now. I am starting to really think about what it will be like when I'm working all day, every day and how busy I will be. There are lots of changes coming for me and the family.
Before I know it, the weather will start warming up and spring will be coming. I won't want to spend anymore time inside so I need to get as much of the inside projects done now while the weather is still cold. I am anxious for spring to come this year because it has been so cold for so long this winter. I can't wait to see the bulbs coming up through the dirt!
Life can be so busy but we have to enjoy each stage of life. If it's cold, then enjoy the inside things that you can do or learn to dress warm and get outside. If you have house guests, then enjoy their company because there will be a time when they are not around the house and you will just plain miss them. Whatever life is throwing your way, you have to learn to appreciate every moment. Live life to the fullest and learn to enjoy the busyness of life. You really don't want life to slow down cause it may suddenly stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment